1 jar of sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
2 teaspoons - capers
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 knob of butter
Asiago cheese (Pecorino or Parmesan are good substitutes)
1 cup of Cannellini beans (Progresso is the best brand for these)
1 box of pasta (rigatoni or fusilli)
1 cup of chopped basil leaves
1. Heat a stainless steel pan on medium heat
2. Add drained sun dried tomatoes (drain, but do not wash off oil), capers, and juice
of one lemon.
4. Add knob of butter and whisk around – this will smooth the acidity of the lemon
5. Cook pasta until almost done (you’ll finish cooking it in the sauce).
6. Right before the pasta is done, add garlic. Careful not to burn.
7. Drain cooked pasta, leaving 1/4 of pasta water.
8. Add pasta and pasta water to pan.
9. Cook for a few minutes, stirring as needed.
10. Add beans, basil, and shaved Asiago cheese. Squeeze second lemon over the top.
You can add pepper, but avoid adding salt because of the capers and cheese.
You can serve this hot or at room temp.