I'm not going to lie to you. I didn't do so well on my culinary resolutions. I finished 13.5 out of 25. And, let's be honest, they were the easy ones. Like making whoopi pies with Modern Domestic, buying more pieces for my Russel Wright collection, or eating at Estadio.
What's a girl to do? Cram. Just last night I was thinking, I can finish at least six of "the big 25" THIS WEEKEND. Next thought: but do I really want to? Have I lost the point of it all? This list isn't a "to do list." It's a "live life list" and if I don't want to do the things on the list, well, I don't have to.
Yeah! Screw you, list-I-didn't-finish.
Here's the thing: I still like the idea of having a list. And who knows, maybe someday I'll actually finish one. So here goes; my culinary resolutions for 2012. Basically a list of things that I like to imagine myself doing, but probably won't do.
25. Use my pressure cooker
24. Make sausages from scratch.
23. Eat at Toki Underground
22. Create a recipe for the Vietnamese meatball like the ones at Shophouse
21. Take a class with Mrs. Wheelbarrow
20. Start a Catherineholm collection
19. Build a backyard pizza oven
18. Make some fancy popcorn
17. Paint my kitchen a nice, bright color
16. Organize my food magazines and get rid of some
15. Make more salads for dinner
14. Eat at Ethiopic
13. Cook fish more often
12. Eat dinner in another country
11. Throw a tiki party
10. Make a gorgeous cheese plate
9. Make a chocolate cake
8. Try those blueberry capers at Ripple
7. Make more dishes that include leeks
6. Make at least one dish with cauliflower
5. Share my recipe for lentil soup
4. Make crab rangoon from scratch (ok, it's true, I already did this one and I'm adding it to the list after the fact.)
3. Save enough money to buy a 5D
2. Make a few recipes from Plenty.
1. Re-design this blog
What are your culinary resolutions?