For all the gardeners out there looking to unload zucchini: I'll take it. Seriously. Spread the zucchini love. There's always room for zucchini in my kitchen. I put it in ratatouille or in panzanella salad and I also make a pasta dish that features zucchini and roasted tomotoes with basil, a spin on a dish called rigatoni del rosario, served at a place where, a very long time ago, I waitressed to pay college tuition.
- About 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- About 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Oil and flour a 4- by 8-in. loaf pan. Whisk 2 cups flour with other dry ingredients (except sugars) in a bowl.
2. Beat sugars, eggs, and 1/2 cup oil until blended. Slowly mix in zucchini. Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined.
3. Scoop batter into pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack. Turn over; let cool completely.