My spring CSA started this week. Hopefully it will give me a bit of a push to start cooking again. I have to admit, I've been relying a lot on what I call gathering dinner: hummus, pita, left over take-out rice, a baked sweet potato. Basically, whatever is in the refrigerator. Oh look, there's a lone pickle, left in that jar. Let's eat that. Dip it in hummus. That's what's for dinner.
Here's what I got this week for $18.20, a crazy bargain.
- 1 Bunch Green Asparagus- Creek Side Acres
- 1 Bunch Red Radishes- Chiques Roc Organics
- 1 Bunch White Scallions- Farmdale Organcis
- 1 Bunch Mint- Lancaster Farmacy
- 1 Head Green Leaf Lettuce- Plum Hill Organics
- 1 Bunch Green Mizuna- Windy Hollow Organics (swap out)
- 1 Bunch Green Kale- Eagle View Organics
- 1 Bunch English Thyme- Noble Herbs (swap in)
Here's what I plan on cooking:
- Lemony braised kale with sliced buffalo sirloin and roasted potatoes
- Radish and cucumber salad with chimmichirri vinaigrette
- Radish toasts with chimmichurri
- Asian chicken stir-fry with asparagus, red peppers, carrots, and scallions