On the rare occasion I go out to dinner with my husband or friends, I aim to try a new place. A restaurant has to be very, very tasty for me to go back a second time. There are just too many new restaurants opening on 14th street in the DC area. Here's a list of restaurants where I would go back for more. The restaurants on this list are a mix of casual dining or gourmet markets ( #1, #3, #10, #4), to trendy (#5, #6, #5, #9, #2), to suburban (#8, #4). Interestingly, most of these restaurants opened in the last year. Hmmmm...I'm starting to see a trend. Maybe I only want to eat at new places (or maybe I've already eaten at all the old places). Whatever the case, here are my favorites from 2013.
- Smoked salmon BLT at Neopol
- Cherry chocolate cake and gnocchi alla romana with hazelnut pesto at Red Hen
- Crazy corn at El Chuco
- La perla at Taco Bamba
- Chả Cá Lã Vọng (sablefish with dill and turmeric) at Doi Moi
- Marinated spring lamb and potato garlic phyllo pie at Kapnos
- Burger with grilled bacon, avocado, onions and tomato, and provolone at Del Campo
- Shaky beef from Four Sisters
Stracci (wide ribbon pasta, braised wild mushrooms, rosemary oil) from Osteria Morini
- Gazpacho from Chris' Marketplace
What are you favorite bites from 2013?
p.s., Places I haven't yet tried, but that are totally on my list: Rose's Luxury, the new Iron Gate, Fishnet, G Sandwich shop, and I guess I'll try Le Diplomate just to see what all the hype is about fake Paris on 14th Street.