I must admit, I haven't eaten at every new restaurant around town, but I did make my way to a few tasty places this year. Union Market is officially my favorite place to nosh and where you can find #1, #7, and #8. Expecting expensive and boring Italian, Fiola surprised me (#2). Pearl Dive Oyster Palace offers a delicious dinner, but an even better brunch (#4). Curry Mantra is worth the drive to Fairfax (#9). I can see Rasika West End from my office window (delicious danger zone) (#10)! Craving a fast food burger, head for Elevation Burger where the cows are grass fed and the diet coke machine provides five different diet coke options, including cherry (#3). Shophouse is so much better than Chipotle ever dreamed of being (#6). And of course, the restaurant that everyone loves: Little Serow (#5).
- Smoked Mussels from Neopol
- Cod Gnocchi with Octopus from Fiola
- Double burger from Elevation Burger
- Pontchartrain Benedict from Pearl Oyster Dive
- Mekhong Ribs from Little Serow
- Meatballs from Shophouse
- Lambwich from Border Springs Lamb
- Lambs and Clams and oysters on the half shell from Rappahannock Oyster Bar
- Saag Paneer from Curry Mantra
- Cod and quinoa from Rasika West End
What was the most delicious bite you had in 2012?